Gheorghe Zottu House
- Historic monument category B; cod LMI: CT-II-m-B-02805;
- Built in the 1898-1904 period;
- Is located in the old town of Constanța, on Elisabeta Boulevard, no. 9.
Gheorghe Zottu was a lawyer, and in 1895 he became president of the Constanța Tribunal. He started working on the building in 1898, finishing it in 1904. Zottu house has 14 rooms, divided into the semi-basement, ground floor and upper floor, has two facades, conjoined into a rounded corner, with a bow window on the upper floor. The architectonic style is eclectic, with neoclassical elements but richer in rococo, such as the motifs accompanying the windows.
Zottu house was, from 1928 to 1933, headquarters of the Honorary Consulate of Latvia in Constanța, the consul being the great cereal trader Sterie Dalla, who built his beautiful edifice on Ferdinand Boulevard, nr 78 in the 30’s. In the second half of the 30’s and all the way to it’s nationalization in 1948, Zottu house was the headquarters of the Insurance Society Astra Română.