- Historic monument category B; code LMI CT-II-m-B-02822
- Built in the 1913-1920 period. Architect Adolf Linz. Owner was Captain Constantin Stănescu, the monogram is above the main door.
- Marc Aureliu Street, no. 10
The immobile is made out of a semi-basement and a ground floor. The main facade, facing Marc Aureliu street, has a rectangular main door, with geometrically structured hardware and a framed monogram.
Above is an oval shaped opening placed in a rectangular field, with neoclassical decorative elements, mainly crowns and golden branches. A cartridge with the monogram TS (from the name of the owner, Trandafira Stănescu) is inscribed in a trapezoid shape and a semicircular window sustained by a console, the superstructure being framed by two decorated pilasters. The rectangular windows, asymmetric just like the building, because of the corner that compresses the facade, are ingeniously decorated with neoclassical elements.
Construction began in 1913 and it was halted during the First World War, from 1916 to 1918, captain Constantin Stănescu having been taken prisoner and sent to a camp in Bulgaria. The house was finished in 1920. In 1933, it was a dowry for the owners’ daughter, Marieta Stănescu, for her wedding with lieutenant Dan Alexandru Constantinidi. In 1950 it was nationalized and it was used as social housing for 70 years.